This 3rd Grade Science is a print & digital bundle to teach environment, survival and fossil evidence. It is a comprehensive science resource carefully designed with literally everything you need to teach NGSS and many state science standards for environment and survival, and fossil evidence all in one resource.
This resource aligns to 3rd grade NGSS standards 3-LS2-1, 3-LS4-1, 3-LS4-2, 3-LS4-3, 3-LS4-4. It includes 25 days of highly engaging science lessons.
- Adapting to Survive
- Physical and Behavioral Adaptations
- Survival of Individuals
- Survival of Groups
- Survival in a Changed Environment
- Fossil Evidence
- Types of Fossils
- How Fossils Form
- The Fossil Record
- The Geologic Time Scale
Each ready to teach lesson comes with an instructional PowerPoint, as well as a Google Slides version with narrated audio slides. Detailed, scripted lesson plans, response journal activities, differentiated quizzes, hands-on investigations and STEM lab activities are also included.
This third grade environments and survival, and fossil evidence unit includes 25 days of in-depth science lessons with vocabulary posters, guiding questions, and learning objectives display cards as well as videos for each lesson. Literacy and math based science centers make it easy to integrate science during your reading and math blocks if you wish to.
These lessons will have your students begging you for science!
Assessing each lesson is easy to differentiate using one of two quiz formats: the fill in the blank option or the short, written response format.
At the end of the unit students are assessed with a comprehensive unit test with questions modeled after standardized tests that allow students to practice important skills while you assess learning. The quizzes and unit test are also included as self-checking Google Forms.
All the activities are included in both a printable version and in digital format on Google Slides with narrated audio lessons.
The narrated audio lessons make it easy to differentiate the lessons and enable students to work independently. The interactive digital activities make it easy and engaging for students to practice and apply what they are learning.
Included in the Environments, Survival & Fossil Evidence bundle:
- A complete Teacher’s Guide with a 25-day Pacing Guide that can be shortened to fit your schedule
- Standards alignment pages with NGSS for each lesson
- Teacher planning binder with cover and sections
- 25 Days of detailed, scripted lesson plans.
- 5 Hands-on investigations with guided lab procedures and step-by-step directions with photos.
- An in-depth Teaching PowerPoint to guide you through 21 engaging lessons with Turn and Talk partner discussion, Independent Activity slides and a slide introducing the Investigation for each lesson.
- Science focus wall with essential question posters and learning target cards
- Student journal /workbook with activity pages to reinforce each lesson
- Vocabulary cards + full page vocabulary posters
- Quick Check/Exit Tickets in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response or fill in the blank) with answer keys
- Final Unit Test & Answer Key
- 3 Literacy and math-based science centers
- Related videos for each lesson
- Informational book list
- BONUS bulletin board set
Digital resources included:
- 5-Lesson narrated teaching presentation on Google Slides
- 5 Interactive lesson response journal activities on Google Slides
- 5 Self-grading quizzes on Google Forms
- 1 Self-grading unit test on Google Forms
- 3 Interactive science center games
Please download the preview for more details and to see .
CLICK HERE to download a lab materials list for this unit.
Additional third grade science unit in this series:
- Inherited Traits
- Force & Motion
- Weather & Climate
- Engineering Design
- Scientists & The Scientific Method
- Environment, Survival & Fossil Evidence
Around the Kampfire