This third grade Environment, Survival and Fossil Evidence resource is a comprehensive, 5-week science unit that is carefully designed with literally everything you need to teach NGSS and many state science standards all in one, in-depth resource.
This Environment Science Unit is also available in a bundle with a Google Slides and forms version of the activities and narrated audio lesson slides. CLICK HERE.
This resource aligns to 3rd grade NGSS standards 3-LS2-1, 3-LS4-1, 3-LS4-2, 3-LS4-3, 3-LS4-4.
It includes 25 days of highly engaging science lessons on these topics:
- Adapting to Survive
- Physical and Behavioral Adaptations
- Survival of Individuals
- Survival of Groups
- Survival in a Changed Environment
- Fossil Evidence
- Types of Fossils
- How Fossils Form
- The Fossil Record
- The Geologic Time Scale
Each ready-to-teach lesson comes with a highly engaging instructional PowerPoint, detailed, scripted lesson plans, response journal activities, differentiated quizzes, hands-on investigations, and simple lab activities that are actually do-able in your classroom.
Alo included for each lesson are vocabulary posters, guiding questions, and learning objectives display cards as well as related videos for each lesson. Literacy and math-based science centers make it easy to integrate science and reinforce the lessons during other subjects.
Assessments are easy to differentiate using one of two quiz formats: the fill-in-the-blank option or the short, written response format. At the end of the unit, students are assessed with a comprehensive unit test.
Included in this Environment Science unit:
- A complete Teacher’s Guide with a 25-day Pacing Guide that can be shortened to fit your schedule
- Standards alignment pages for each lesson
- Teacher planning binder with cover and sections
- 25 Days of detailed, scripted lesson plans.
- 5 Hands-on investigations with guided lab procedures and step-by-step directions with photos.
- An in-depth Teaching Power Point with embedded videos
- Essential questions posters and learning target cards
- Student journal/workbook
- Science based reading passage
- Vocabulary cards + full page vocabulary posters
- Quizzes for each lesson in 2 formats (short written response or fill in the blank) with answer keys
- Final Unit Test & Answer Key
- 3 Literacy and math-based science centers
- Videos for each lesson
- BONUS Bulletin board set
CLICK HERE to purchase this unit in a yearlong, money-saving bundle of 3rd-grade science curriculum.
Click here to download a lab materials list for this unit.
*Please see the preview for an in-depth unit overview plus details and pictures of all the labs and teaching materials included.
Around the Kampfire
Additional third grade science units in this series:
Click HERE for second grade science units.