This digital science unit covers Environments and Survival, and Fossil Evidence for third grade. These engaging, narrated audio lesson slides, activities, assessments, and interactive games are ready to use and ideal for virtual learning or independent practice in the classroom.
Each high-interest lesson slide is narrated so students can click and listen to the slide being read aloud. This resource is a digital version of the student activities only from this Environment, Survival & Fossil Evidence unit and is intended as an add-on to that unit.
*PLEASE NOTE: This resource is a digital companion to the printable Environment, Survival, and Fossil Evidence unit for 3rd grade. It includes Google Slides and Google Forms versions of the student activities and assessments in the main unit. It is not the complete Environment, Survival, and Fossil Evidence unit and does not include the lesson plans, printable materials, science experiments, labs, teacher binder, or any of the printable materials in that unit.
All activities in this resource are on Google Slides or Google Forms. The lesson slides have narrated audio files attached so the lessons are read aloud to the student. The slides also have embedded videos to support each lesson. You will need access to YouTube to play the audio files as well as watch the embedded lesson videos.
This download is a clickable PDF with links to the included resources, plus directions for how to use them with students and assign them in Google Classroom. When you click each link, it will prompt you to make a copy for you to save to your Google Drive.
Included in the digital Environment, Survival & Fossil Evidence Unit:
- An in-depth 4-lesson Google Slides presentation with narrated audio of each slide being read aloud
- Embedded videos in each lesson
- Digital journal activity pages for each lesson
- Interactive diagrams and traits games
- 4 Self-grading quizzes in multiple choice and short response format (Google Form)
- Self-grading unit test (Google Form)
- 5 Interactive literacy and math-based science centers to reinforce the science content and practice these skills:
- Applying science vocabulary
- Measuring Fossils
- Science-based grammar activity
- Adapting to Survive
- Physical and Behavioral Adaptations
- Survival of Individuals
- Survival of Groups
- Survival in a Changed Environment
- Fossil Evidence
- Types of Fossils
- How Fossils Form
- The Fossil Record
- The Geologic Time Scale
*Please see the preview for details and pictures of everything included in this unit.
Around the Kampfire
Additional DIGITAL science units with narrated audio lessons: