Teaching 2nd grade grammar has never been easier with this 6-week grammar activities bundle! All the lessons and activities in this bundle are no-prep, with ready-to-use lesson plans, and designed to take 15 minutes or less each day.
Grammar units included in the bundle:
- verb tenses
- irregular past tense verbs
- dialogue and quotation marks
- shades of meaning
- multiple meaning words
If grammar is something you struggle to fit in, you don’t have to any longer! All the lessons and activities in this bundle are no-prep, with ready-to-use lesson plans, and designed to take 15 minutes or less each day.
The lessons are centered around a 5-day routine that includes a minilesson with interactive slides on PowerPoint, fun whole group practice activities as well as independent practice, and partner activities. Engaging grammar-based reading passages give students the opportunity to identify the target skill in context. No prep, easy to grade practice worksheets give students opportunities to read, write and generate examples and are also ideal for morning work or homework. Students apply their learning in a writing activity that includes three different formats for easy differentiation. On Friday students are assessed.
The weekly grammar practice routine:
- Monday: Mini lesson PowerPoint with interactive practice slides
- Tuesday: Partner practice then a practice worksheet
- Wednesday: Grammar center task cards
- Thursday: Reading passage and writing activity
- Friday: Assessment
Included in the download are 6 full weeks of grammar lessons and practice activities:
- 6 Teaching PowerPoints with mini-lessons and daily activity slides
- 6 Weeks of lesson plans
- 6 Grammar worksheets
- 6 Grammar-based reading passages
- 6 Writing activities
- 6 Sets of grammar task cards with recording sheets
- 6 Grammar assessments
- 13 Full-page grammar posters for:
- Verb tenses (past, present, and future tense)
- Quotation marks
- Punctuation (period, comma, quotation marks, apostrophe, exclamation mark)
- Irregular past tense verbs
- Shades of Meaning
- Multiple meaning words
All the activities in this bundle are intentionally designed to be simple and straightforward, with easy to understand activities for students, and easy to grade papers for the teacher. The materials require very little prep or no prep at all. In fact, the only thing you’ll need to do is make copies and cut out 6 straight lines on the task cards. Teaching grammar has never been easier for you or more fun for your students!
Please download the preview to see everything included in this bundle.
CLICK HERE to see all grammar units and money-saving bundles. We have lesson plans and printables just like these to teach every 2nd grade grammar and language standard!