This complete grammar resource includes an entire week of comparative and superlative adjectives activities for reading and writing words with the suffixes -er and -est . Easily incorporate daily practice activities with worksheets, PowerPoint minilessons, task cards, and an assessment. This unit includes no prep, daily practice in a variety of formats with ready to use lesson plans.
Designed for second grade, these activities can be used with higher ability first graders, or as review for third grade students. You may also find this resource useful for ESOL students.
Short on time to teach grammar? This simple 5-day routine allows you to teach, practice or assess your students in 15 minutes or less each day. The daily routine includes whole group practice as well as fun partner activities. The easy to grade comparative adjectives worksheet is ideal for reinforcement, morning work, or homework. An engaging reading passage gives students the opportunity to identify comparative and superlative adjectives in context. Students apply their learning in a writing activity with three different formats for easy differentiation. On Friday students are assessed with a short, easy to grade assessment.
Comparative and Superlative Adjectives Activities
- Monday: A mini lesson on PowerPoint with interactive practice slides
- Tuesday: Practice worksheet
- Wednesday: Task cards center activity
- Thursday: Reading passage and writing activity
- Friday: Assessment
Included in the download
- A teaching PowerPoint with daily slides for the mini-lesson and moveable practice activities
- Detailed instructions, teacher’s notes, lesson plan & answer keys
- Comparative and superlative adjectives practice worksheet
- Reading passage
- Writing activity
- Task cards and recording sheet
- Comparative and superlative adjectives assessment
All the activities in this unit are intentionally designed to be very simple, with easy to understand activities for students, and easy to grade papers for the teacher. All the materials require very little prep or no prep at all. In fact, the only thing you’ll need to do is make copies and cut out a few straight lines on the task cards. Teaching grammar has never been easier!
Please download the preview to see everything included.
CLICK HERE to see all grammar curriculum and bundles.