This second grade science bundle includes both print and digital versions of Plants and Animal Needs & Life Cycles NGSS. It includes literally everything you need to teach, practice, experiment, and assess 17 days of NGSS aligned lessons on plant and animal interdependence, the plant life cycle, animal life cycles, basic needs of plants and animals, and 2nd grade relationships in ecosystems.
Students learn about:
- Plant and animal interdependence
- Plant needs and lifecycles
- Animal needs and life cycles
- Seed dispersal
- Parts of a seed
- Parts of a plant and flower
All of the activities are included in both a printable version and in digital format on Google Slides with narrated audio lessons. Detailed lesson plans, teacher binder, lab investigations and a multitude of lesson support materials are included in the printable version.
By purchasing this bundle, you have everything you need to seamlessly move between in-person teaching, hybrid classrooms, or teaching virtually. The narrated audio lessons make it easy to differentiate for all of your readers and enable your students to listen and learn while working independently at home, or at school. The moveable, interactive digital activities make it easy and engaging for students to practice and apply what they are learning.
Plant and Animal Needs and Interdependence Activities Included:
- Teacher Guide with Unit Overview and Pacing Guide
- 6 Detailed, step-by-step, scripted lessons
- 6-Lesson Teaching Power Point with extension activity slides after each lesson.
- 8 Hands-on lab investigations/ STEM activities
- Guiding Questions, Learning Target posters, Lesson objective cards
- Full page vocabulary posters
- Full page life cycle posters
- Student science journal with follow-up practice pages for each lesson
- Quick Check/Exit Tickets in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response or fill in the blank)
- Final Assessment with optional pages for differentiation
- Answer keys for all resources
- Unit materials list
- Related read aloud book list
- Video links to support each lesson
- Bulletin board set
Plant Life Cycle
Animal Life Cycles
Interdependence: Animals Rely on Plants
Lab Experiments/ Investigations
Students explore the interdependence of plants and animals, plan and carry out simulations, build models, and conduct investigations in 8 high interest labs to answer these scientific questions:
- What’s Inside a Seed?
- Can Plants Grow Without Sunlight?
- How Does Water Move Through a Plant?
- What Care Do Animals Need?
- How Do Animals Move Seeds?
- Pollination Simulation: How Do Animals Help Plants Reproduce?
- Breathing Leaves: How Do Leaves Produce Oxygen?
- 6-Lesson narrated with audio Google Slide teaching presentation, each lesson with 9-17 slides.
- 6 Interactive journal activities with moveable parts
- 12 Quick check quizzes in multiple choice and fill in the blank formats
- Differentiated unit test and answer keys for all assessments
Included Science Centers in both print and digital format
Students practice math & literacy skills using science content:
- Cause & Effect
- Organizing Data
- Sorting and Classifying
- Applying Vocabulary
- Math and science word problems
Please download the preview for both units to see details and pictures of all resources included in this bundle.