This complete unit of beginning blends activities gives you everything you need to teach initial R blends, L blends, and S blends with minilessons, phonics centers, games, decodable reading passages, and phonics worksheets for morning work, review, and homework.
The included interactive lesson slides, in both PowerPoint and Google Slides versions, enable you to easily introduce the phonics rule, model decoding and word building, and provide high engagement and hands-on practice during your lesson. Designed for second grade, it can also be used for third grade review, interventions, and extra support for language learners. This resource may also be helpful for first grade later in the year.
Planning for all the different needs of your students is difficult. Having to plan and gather resources for your whole group lessons, your small groups, your literacy centers, as well as for interventions, is time consuming to say the least. This resource provides everything you need, all in one place, with a consistent routine of 15-minute daily phonics mini-lessons and follow-up practice activities.
This flexible resource includes 19 different blends and can be used for several weeks or use different parts at different times of the year.
Beginning blends activities included
- Detailed teacher instructions, including a daily phonics routine
- A teaching PowerPoint + Google Slides version with several slides of activities for each day
- 15 phonics centers that cover all blends
- 6 Phonics activity booklets
- Decodable reading passages with comprehension questions
- Word cards, picture cards & large lesson display cards
- Beginning blends phonics worksheets
- Assessments with answer keys
- 19 Beginning blends posters
- Student letter manipulatives
- Word building mats and cards
- Decodable word lists
- Pocket Chart headers & picture cards
- bl, cl, fl, gl, sl
- cr, dr, fr, gr, pr, tr
- sc, sk, sm, sn, st, sw
This resource is a fantastic value that will save you hours of planning time. Please look at the preview to see everything that’s included.
Important note: This resource will download in a ZIP folder with 16 files inside. You will need to “unzip” the ZIP folder to access all materials.
Additional phonics units: