This complete phonics unit includes 20 engaging diphthongs activities, minilessons on Powerpoint, phonics centers, reading passages, worksheets, posters, and much, much more. It has literally everything you need to help your students master reading, writing, and spelling words with diphthongs.
Centered around a weekly phonics routine with daily minilessons, the unit includes lesson plans and interactive slides to model and practice word building, reading, writing, and spelling words with diphthongs. Students can use the interactive game slides independently for additional practice.
As teachers we work with students in a variety of settings. This resource includes enough materials for your whole group mini-lessons, small group instruction, skill groups, phonics interventions, phonics centers, and it even includes practice worksheets for morning work, review, or homework. All your mini-lessons, phonics games, phonics centers, and phonics worksheets are included in one value-packed resource.
This value-packed phonics unit is designed for second grade and gives your students targeted practice of all final blends sounds. It can also be used as review for third grade or in special education settings.
The teaching PowerPoint includes daily interactive practice games that can be used again by students independently. Simply upload the PowerPoint or Google Slides version onto students’ devices or project the slides on your whiteboard for partners to play.
- au, aw, ew
- oi, ou, oy,
- oo like moon
- oo like book
- ow like tow
- ow like crown
- Daily phonics routine with lesson plans
- An instructional PowerPoint + Google Slides version with daily mini-lesson slides and interactive practice activities with moveable pieces
- 10 easy-prep centers to practice in a variety of ways
- 4 Diphthongs activity booklets
- Phonics based reading passages with comprehension questions
- Word cards, picture cards & large lesson display cards
- 8 practice worksheets ideal for morning work, review, or homework
- Assessments with answer keys
- 10 Full-page diphthongs posters
- Student letter manipulatives
- Word building mats and cards
- Fluency word lists
- Pocket Chart headers & picture card sort
Teacher Support Materials
- Lesson Plans, Weekly Phonics Routine
- Management Tips
- Center Prep Checklist
- Standards Alignment Page
- Answer Keys
This resource is a fantastic value that will save you hours of planning and prep time. The center activities are easy to prep and most require no prep at all. And the task cards and activities that have straight cutting lines, so you aren’t spending hours cutting out center games.
*Please click the preview button to see everything included.
CLICK HERE to see all our phonics resources & money-saving bundles.