Are you looking for fun and effective telling time activities? These high engagement lessons and activities teach telling time to the hour and half hour, quarter hour, and nearest 5 minutes. Based on the wildly popular video and song, “What Does the Fox Say?” this pack includes printable and digital versions for each of these 3 time concepts and addresses first and second grade standards. This set may also benefit 3rd graders that need extra support and practice. Students read and write time in digital, analog, and word form. This resource also includes 9 interactive digital games on Google Slides with directions for assigning them to students.
Carefully designed to be flexible and easily differentiated, I’ve included everything you need to create an interactive anchor chart (with all of the chart parts), lesson activities that center around the chart, independent practice booklets for all 3 time concepts, small group and partner games, and a fox clock writing craft. I’ve even included a bulletin board display with title lettering.
Make the most of this resource: The anchor chart doubles as a game board for the whole class lesson. The chart parts double as small group and partner games ideal for math centers. The independent practice booklets and writing craft are designed to get students writing about math and applying time vocabulary. The writing craft also doubles as a practice clock to use in guided math groups or during whole group practice. The vocabulary word bank and projectable sentence frame posters assist students as they write.
These telling time activities include:
- Lesson plans with teacher’s notes
- 9 interactive digital games on Google Slides
- 3 for hour/half hour
- 3 for quarter hour
- 3 for the nearest 5 minutes
- Small group and partner activities
- Interactive clock anchor chart and all chart parts for hour/half hour, quarter hour, and 5 minutes
- Digital time cards
- Analog clock time cards
- Practice activity booklets in all 3 time concepts
- Fox clock writing craft that doubles as a practice clock
- Watch craft & class roam the room game
- 3 Projectable sentence frames to assist students as they write
- Bulletin Board display with easy prep title lettering
- Media links to watch the video on YouTube
Please download the preview to see all that is included and tall the ways to use this resource in your classroom!
Looking for more fun and HIGHLY engaging math activities?
You may also enjoy What Does The SHAPE Say? 2D 3D Shape Activities
Around the Kampfire