These gingerbread man graphing activities and glyph craft are a fun way to integrate math into your gingerbread reading units and holiday activities.
Students first make a gingerbread man glyph to generate their data. In the activities that follow they interpret, organize, represent, and analyze that data by making a class graph, drawing picture graphs and bar graphs, interpreting a friend’s glyph, and discussing the data with graph chat cards. The graph chat cards have students solve simple put-together, take-apart, and compare problems using the information in the class graph.
Aligned to measurement and data standards for first and second grade, these gingerbread man graphing activities include 5 different lesson activities can be paced from 1-3 days. The included lesson plan, pacing guide, and multiple versions of the student pages make it so easy to plan, prep, AND differentiate! It’s a perfect project for that last day before the holiday break or as a holiday math party!
Included in the resource are:
- 5 Lesson Activities With projectable lesson visuals and student recording pages for: Generating the data Interpreting the data Organizing the data Representing the data on a graph Discussing the data
- Lesson Plans & Teachers Notes Flexible, one-three day lesson plan with pacing guide, standards alignment page, and management tips make planning and prepping so easy!
- Gingerbread Man Glyph Class set of templates to copy on construction paper or use the 1-Page color and cut version Projectable glyph key Includes a second glyph key with candy suggestions for using real gingerbread man cookies instead of the paper glyphs
- Class Graph Templates Chart parts to make the class graph with 4 categories Student gingerbread men cards to use as the data points
- Multiple Response Pages Easily differentiate with 4 versions of response pages: With and without a writing element Drawing the data Rebus questions for early readers
- Graph Chat Cards 8 Critical thinking discussion cards that enables students to use the data on the class graph to solve simple addition, subtraction & comparing problems.
Please download the preview to see details of everything included.