Delight your students with these unique and fun Christmas activities that will keep them engaged and still learning as they count down the last 5 days before Christmas or winter break! This resource includes both a “Christmas Break” and a “Winter Break” version.
Based on the best-selling 5 Days Before Summer Break series, your class will love this roll down anchor chart and simple daily gifts with matching Christmas math and ELA activities. Students use the treats to do the tasks!
All activity pages, anchor charts, and gift tags are included in both “Christmas” and “Winter” break terminology. All activities are also included in a digital version on Google Slides
Have students who don’t celebrate? I’ve included a non-holiday, snowman themed version for them. Simply use the non-holiday gift tags and activity pages and you’re set.
This resource includes digital activities! I’ve added daily digital activities with moveable “treats” for students to play additional games on devices.
Also available for these grade levels:
- Roll down chart with no-prep printable chart parts
- Projectable daily chart options to use digitally
- 25 Activity pages with meaningful math and ELA skill practice in printable and digital Google Slides versions
- Booklet covers with Winter Break and Christmas Break terminology
- Student gift tags using both “Christmas” and “Winter” break terminology
- *Special section with alternative, snowman themed activity pages, chart parts, booklet cover, and gift tags for students who don’t celebrate Christmas or holidays.
Here’s How It Works…
Each day during the last week before break, roll down the class chart to reveal the gift of the day. Surprise your students with a fun treat and matching activity pages. Students use the treats to add, subtract, measure and graph. They also use them to write, work with word families, practice sight words, and many other skills listed below. I’ve included 3-4 skill filled pages for each day. Use all or pick and choose the skills you want your students to review. At the end of the 5 days, use the included cover to staple all the pages into a booklet.
No time for fancy? No worries! Skip the chart and the gift tags and copy the activity pages. Pass out the daily treat on a paper towel so students can complete the tasks.
Here’s what happened in my classroom…
T’was the 5 days before Christmas and all through the school
My sugar plums were dancing and testing the rules!
I knew that I needed to reign them all in,
But assessments weren’t done, so I thought with a grin,
I’ll surprise them with gifts each day of the week,
I’ll keep it a secret and won’t let them peek!
But not just a gift, I thought with a wink,
I’ll make tasks to go with them so they’ll have to think!
They’ll be reading and writing and having such fun,
That I surely will get my assessments all done!
ELA Skills included in the activity pages:
- Prefixes and suffixes
- Shades of meaning
- Simple, compound, and complex sentences
- Ordering adjectives
- Relative adverbs
- Demonstrative pronouns
- Reflexive pronouns
- Possessive pronouns
- Fact and opinion
- Plural nouns
- Collective nouns
- Relative adverbs
- Using to, two, and too
- Past, present, and future tense verbs
- Capitalization and punctuation
Math Skills included in the activity pages:
- Dividing shapes into fractions
- Adding fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Drawing division models
- Multiplication word problems
- Building arrays
- Multiplication facts
- Place value
- Rounding numbers to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, 10,000
- Data and graphing
- Determining mode, median, and range
- Multiples of a given number
- Adding and subtracting 3 and 4-digit numbers
- Area and perimeter
- Converting units of measure
- Lines of symmetry
Be sure to download the preview to see all that is included.
You may also enjoy these other holiday resources: