This forces and motion third grade science bundle is a comprehensive resource that includes both print and digital materials. It includes everything you need to teach, practice, experiment, and assess 31 days of NGSS aligned lessons on forces, motion, balanced and unbalanced forces, electricity, magnets, and magnetism.
Forces and Motion topics addressed:
- Patterns of Motion
- Measuring Motion
- Predicting Patterns
- Forces and Motion
- Contact & Noncontact Forces
- Chain Reactions
- Balanced & Unbalanced Forces
- Combined Forces
- Measuring Force
- Exploring Electricity
- Magnets, Magnetism, and Magnetic Fields
All of the activities are included in both a printable version and in digital format on Google Slides with narrated audio lessons. Detailed lesson plans, teacher binder, lab investigations and a multitude of lesson support materials are included in the printable version as well as on self-grading Google Forms.
With this bundle you have everything you need to seamlessly move between in-person teaching, hybrid classrooms or teaching virtually. The narrated audio lessons make it easy to differentiate for all of your readers and enable your students to listen and learn while working independently at school or virtually. The moveable, interactive digital activities make it easy and engaging for students to practice and apply what they are learning.
Included in this force and motion third grade science bundle:
- A complete Teacher’s Guide with a 28-day Pacing Guide
- Standards alignment pages with NGSS, TEKS, and CCSS for each lesson
- 27 Days of detailed, scripted lesson plans. Each lesson takes 4-7 days to teach.
- 7 Hands-on, investigations with lab procedures and step-by-step direction with photos.
- 8 Partner activity labs
- 6 Chapter Teaching Power Point to guide you through 23 engaging lessons with Turn and Talk partner discussion and Independent Activity slides after each lesson.
- Science Focus Wall with essential question and learning target posters
- Student science journal booklet with activity pages to support each lesson
- Vocabulary cards + full page posters
- Quick Check/Exit Tickets in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response or fill in the blank) with answer keys
- Final Assessment & Answer Keys
- Related videos and book list
- 6 Audio narrated lessons, 120 engaging Google Slides
- Science journal activities on Google Slides
- 5 Self grading quizzes in multiple choice and short response format on Google Forms
- Culminating unit test on Google Forms
Literacy & Math-Based Science Centers (in printable and digital formats)
These games and task cards are ideal to add to your literacy centers to reinforce science content as students practice these skills:
- Cause & Effect
- Visual Literacy
- Mathematical Practice
Position and Motion
Lab: How does shape affect motion?
Patterns of Motion
Patterns Can Change
Lab: Predicting Patterns
Forces and Motion
Contact & Noncontact Forces
Lab: Chain reactions
Balanced and Unbalanced Forces
The Floating Train
Lab: How can forces hold up objects?
Determining the Strength of a Force
Lab: How can electric force levitate objects
Magnets and Magnetism
Lab 1: How can you measure the size of a magnetic field?
Lab 2: How can magnets sort objects by weight?
Please download both unit previews for details and pictures of everything included in this bundle.
Click here to see all third grade science units in this series!