Help your brand new second graders review nouns, verbs, and adjectives with these back to school grammar activities! This 2nd grade grammar resource includes an entire week of review activities, worksheets, PowerPoint lessons, task cards, and assessment. Students review nouns, verbs, and adjectives with short, daily practice in a variety of formats.
Short on time to teach grammar? This simple 5-day routine allows you to teach, practice or assess your students in 15 minutes or less each day. The daily routine includes whole group practice as well as fun partner activities. The easy to grade worksheet is ideal for reinforcement, morning work, or homework.
An engaging reading passage gives students the opportunity to identify, read, and write nouns, verbs, and adjectives in context with a fun first day of school story. Students apply their learning in a writing activity with three different formats for easy differentiation. On Friday students are assessed with a short, easy to grade assessment.
Daily grammar routine
- Monday: A mini lesson on PowerPoint with interactive practice slides
- Tuesday: Practice worksheet
- Wednesday: Task cards center activity
- Thursday: Reading passage and writing activity
- Friday: Assessment
Included in the download
- A teaching PowerPoint with daily slides for the mini-lesson and moveable practice activities
- Detailed instructions, teacher’s notes, lesson plan & answer keys
- Nouns, verbs, and adjectives practice worksheet
- Reading passage
- Writing activity
- Task cards and recording sheet
- Nouns, verbs, and adjectives assessment
- Nouns, verbs, adjectives poster
Activities in this unit are intentionally designed to be very simple, with easy to understand review activities for students, and easy to grade papers for the teacher. All the materials require very little prep or no prep at all. In fact, the only thing you’ll need to do is make copies and cut out a few straight lines on the task cards. Reviewing grammar has never been easier!
Please download the preview to see everything included.
CLICK HERE for additional grammar units to teach all 2nd grade grammar and language standards.