Are you looking for high-engagement 2D and 3D shapes activities? These flexible and fun geometry activities are ideal for whole group and small group lessons teaching 2D and 3D shape identification, attributes of shapes, and writing about math.
Students compare and distinguish between attributes, match geometry vocabulary to shapes, and identify shapes by their attributes. This resource now includes 6 interactive digital activities on Google Slides with directions for assigning them in Google Classroom. This resource is not designed for Seesaw.
Based on the wildly popular with kids song, “What Does the Fox Say?” this pack includes plane and solid shape activities for Kindergarten, first and second grade. Highly engaging and easily differentiated, I’ve included everything you need to create an interactive anchor chart (with all of the chart parts), lesson activities that center around the chart, independent practice booklets for both plane and solid shapes and a fun fox writing craft and hallway display with title lettering.
Carefully designed to be flexible and easy to differentiate, the detailed lesson plans with objectives and standards for all 3 grade levels make planning a snap! This is seriously one of the most fun things I’ve ever done with my class!
Use it is so many ways! The anchor chart doubles as a game board for the whole class lessons. The chart parts double as small group and partner games ideal for math centers or intervention groups. The attribute booklets and writing craft are designed to get students writing about math and applying math vocabulary. The vocabulary word bank and projectable sentence frame posters assist students as they write.
For UK and Australian teachers: This resource includes a version using the terms ‘figure’ and ‘trapezium’.
circle, triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, pentagon, hexagon, parallelogram, quadrilateral, cube, sphere, pyramid, cylinder, rhombus, cone, rectangular prism and triangular prism.
2D and 3D Shapes Activities Included:
- Detailed lesson plans and teacher’s notes
- 6 digital activities on Google Slides with a PDF link menu to copy the activities to your own Google Drive
- Interactive anchor chart that doubles as a game board
- All 2D and 3D chart parts
- Lesson activities and 2 small group center games
- 17 Shape word cards
- 17 Attributes cards
- 17 2D and 3D shapes picture cards
- Attribute booklets for both plane and solid shapes in multiple versions for Kindergarten, First grade and Second grade.
- 10 page half sheet booklets for plane shapes
- 7 page half sheet booklets for solid shapes
- 4 Projectable sentence frame charts to guide students in their writing. The 4 different charts allow you to easily differentiate by choosing the vocabulary, length, and complexity of your students writing based on ability and grade level.
- Fox Shape writing craft
- Bulletin Board Display with title lettering
- Video links to watch the video on YouTube, plus a link to the What Does the Shape Say? video made by my class!
Please see the preview for details and photos of all that is included.
If you like this unit, check out the telling time version! Click here .
Around the Kampfire
You May Also Like: