This resource is packed with digital weather and climate activities for third grade. These highly engaging lessons, activities, assessments, and interactive games are ready to use and ideal for virtual learning or independent practice in the classroom. Each high-interest lesson slide is narrated so students can click and listen to the slide being read aloud. This resource is a digital version of the student activities only from the Weather and Climate Third Grade Science Unit and is intended as an add-on or extension.
*PLEASE NOTE: This resource is a digital companion to our printable Weather and Climate unit for 3rd grade. It includes Google Slides and Google Forms versions of the student activities and assessments in the main unit. It is not the complete Weather and Climate unit and does not include the lesson plans, printable materials, science experiments, labs or teacher binder.
All activities in this resource are on Google Slides. Many have moveable pieces. The download is a clickable PDF with links to the 21 included resources, plus directions for how to use them with students and assign them in Google Classroom. When you click each link, it will automatically make a copy for you to save to your Google Drive.
Weather and Climate digital activities included
- 5-lesson Google Slides presentation with narrated audio of each slide being read aloud
- Digital journal activity pages for each lesson
- 5 Self-grading quizzes in multiple choice and short response format (Google Form)
- Self-grading unit test (Google Form)
- 4 Interactive literacy and math-based science centers with to reinforce the science content and practice these skills:
- Applying vocabulary
- Cause and effect
- Solving science-based math word problems
- Lesson 1.1 Water and Weather
- Lesson 1.2 Impacts of Weather
- Lesson 2.1 Seasonal Weather Changes
- Lesson 2.2 Weather Instruments
- Lesson 2.3 Measuring and Comparing Temperature
- Lesson 3.1 Hazardous Weather
- Lesson 3.2 Flood Simulation
- Lesson 4.1 Climates on Earth
- Lesson 4.2 How do mountains affect climate?
- Lesson 4.3 Climate Zones
- Lesson 5.1 Factors That Affect Climate
- Lesson 5.2 Climate Change
- Lesson 5.3 The Greenhouse Effect
Please see the preview for details and pictures of everything included in this unit.
Additional DIGITAL units with audio lessons:
Click here for all 2nd Grade science units.
Click here for all 3rd Grade science units.
Use science content to build reading skills! Try these leveled science readers and close reading passages with comprehension questions!