Teaching students to use synonyms and antonyms to expand their writing is easy with these engaging grammar activities! This 2nd grade grammar resource includes a week of synonyms and antonyms activities, practice worksheets, PowerPoint minilessons, task cards, and assessment. Students learn to identify, generate, and use synonyms in their writing.
This unit includes short, daily practice to teach synonyms and antonyms in a variety of formats.
Short on time to teach grammar? This simple 5-day routine allows you to teach, practice or assess your students in 15 minutes or less each day. The daily routine includes whole group practice as well as fun partner activities. The easy to grade worksheet is ideal for reinforcement, morning work, or homework. An engaging reading passage gives students the opportunity to identify and replace synonyms in context. Students apply their learning in a writing activity with three different formats for easy differentiation. On Friday students are assessed with a short, easy to grade assessment.
Daily Grammar Routine
- Monday: A mini lesson on PowerPoint with interactive practice slides
- Tuesday: Practice worksheet
- Wednesday: Task cards center activity
- Thursday: Reading passage and writing activity
- Friday: Assessment
Synonyms & Antonyms Activities Included
- A teaching PowerPoint with daily slides for the mini-lesson and moveable practice activities
- Detailed instructions, teacher’s notes, lesson plan & answer keys
- Synonyms and antonyms practice worksheet
- Reading passage
- Writing activity
- Task cards and recording sheet
- Synonyms and antonyms assessment
- Synonym and antonym posters
All the activities in this unit are intentionally designed to be very simple, with easy to understand activities for students, and easy to grade papers for the teacher. All the materials require very little prep or no prep at all. In fact, the only thing you’ll need to do is make copies and cut out a few straight lines on the task cards. Teaching grammar has never been easier!
Please download the preview to see everything included.
CLICK HERE to see all grammar units and money-saving bundles. We have lesson plans and printables to teach every 2nd grade grammar and language standard!