Inside this phonics resource are 30 ending blends word mapping activities that align to SoR and support the process of orthographic mapping. Using word maps, students learn to make connections between speech sounds (phonemes) and the letter, or letter combinations, that represent them (graphemes).
Included in this resource:
This resource includes 30 no-prep word mapping worksheets in all. There are 10 activity pages for each group of final blends in 5 different formats, so you can easily differentiate. Four sets of picture cards and picture keys are also included in case you or your students need help identifying a picture.
Ending blends included:
- Final L blends: lb, ld, lf, lk, lm, lp, lt, mp
- Final N blends: nd, nk, nt
- Final S blends: sk, sp, st
- Final T blends: ct, ft, pt
How to use the word maps:
- Students say the picture name.
- Students map the word by tapping or clapping the sounds then coloring or covering each circle with a cube, chip, eraser etc.
- Students graph the word by writing the letter or letters that represent the sounds.
- Students then write the word and blend the sounds to read the word.
Make it more hands-on by using the included cut and paste letters, letter stamps, bingo dabbers, play dough, magnetic letters, or letter tiles.
When to use the word maps:
Word maps are ideal for small group instruction, literacy centers, interventions, morning work, independent practice, or send-home practice.
Please look at the preview to see everything included in this resource.
You may also like…