Your students will love these unique Kindness Knights activities and community building ceremony for inducting them into the Knighthood of Kindness. This resource is a lot of fun and makes a wonderful addition to your character education lessons. It has been a huge hit with my class. They took it so seriously that it became a yearly classroom tradition and is a pillar of our classroom culture.
Here’s how it works:
At any time during the year, hold an induction ceremony by “knighting” your students into the Knighthood of Kindness. During the ceremony you will read a kindness oath, pass out medals and certificates, and have students make a Kindness Knights handbook to describe ways they can demonstrate each part of the acronym, KIND. Display the 6 poster set that describes each piece of the acronym and use the RAK random acts of kindness notes throughout the year.
Each template is included in both color and blackline with 2 versions of the oath and certificates. I do a Superhero theme in my classroom so I have included both a Knights themed version and my original Superhero themed version. The only difference is a slight text difference in the oath and on the medals.
Kindness Knights activities included:
- Kindness Knights Oath scroll-in 4 styles
- Student certificates-in 4 styles
- Ceremony Medals-in 4 styles
- 6 Knight themed classroom posters detailing the acronym used
- Kindness Knights Handbook –a 6-page writing booklet for students to write ways they can demonstrate each part of the acronym
- Book marks
- Knight themed RAK-Random Acts of Kindness notes
- Social story comic strip template- The Dragon and the Knight
- Student gift tags
Please see the preview for more details and pictures of the Kindness Knights activities included.
Around the Kampfire
You may also like these Superhero themed certificates for an end of the year award ceremony!