Give your students daily language practice with these easy to implement capitalization activities! Students will learn to identify types of words that should be capitalized with short daily practice in a variety of fun formats. With this simple and effective 5-day routine you can teach, practice, and assess your students in 15 minutes or less each day.
Easily follow the weekly routine with whole group practice as well as partner activities. The easy to grade capitalization worksheet is ideal for independent practice, morning work, or homework. An engaging grammar reading passage gives students the opportunity to identify the target skill in context. Students apply their learning in a writing activity with three different formats for easy differentiation. On Friday you’ll assess your students with the included test.
Daily grammar practice routine
- Monday: Capitalization mini lesson PowerPoint with interactive practice slides
- Tuesday: Practice worksheet
- Wednesday: Capitalization center activity
- Thursday: Reading passage and writing activity
- Friday: Assessment
Included in the download
- A teaching PowerPoint with daily slides for the mini-lesson and moveable practice activities
- Detailed instructions, teacher’s notes, lesson plan & answer keys
- Capitalization practice worksheet
- Writing activity
- Capitalization task cards and recording sheet
All the activities in this unit are intentionally designed to be short and simple, with easy to understand activities for students, and easy to grade papers for the teacher. The materials require very little prep or no prep at all. In fact, all you’ll need to do is make copies and cut out a few straight lines on the task cards. Teaching grammar has never been easier!
Please download the preview to see everything included.
Get all your grammar lessons planned for you! We have lesson plans and printables to teach every 2nd grade grammar and language standard!
CLICK HERE to see all the grammar units plus money-saving bundles.